A prostate infection is defined as Prostatitis. It is shown as the prostate gland becoming inflamed and causing essential malaise, pain and various sexual life problems. Prostatitis is known in some varieties depending on causes provoked it: bacteria, psychological problems such as stress and lifestyle. Sometimes it occurs as inflammation without infection. The range of bacterial infection constitutes 5-10 per cent. In such case it cannot enforce the risk of prostate cancer development. This disease can caught men of practically all ages even young ones.
- Acute bacterial – an impulsive bacterial infection is characterized by serious symptoms: the patient has strong urinary infection of tract, frequent and urgent urinary. There is a necessity to urinate at night many times, may have ache in genitals. It is often followed by fever, shiver, wamble, vomitus.
It demands fast therapy in order to evade bladder infections or prostate abscess. Medication refuse leads to dropped pressure of blood and even may be fatal. The patient needs hospitalization.
- Chronic bacterial – infections of tract penetrating the prostate gland and bring to repeating urinary. The symptoms may not appear but exist for some years. The diagnostic is the same as for acute bacterial type only they are not so severe and strong and can vary in intension. The condition diagnosing is the most difficult thing in that case as the bacteria in the urine is hard to retrieve. The therapy duration constitutes 4-12 weeks with the help of antibiotics.
The most common prostatitis disease hurting more than 90 % of patients. Modern alternative methods have been added to treatment for that type.
- Chronic nonbacterial – is the most general variety of the prostatitis, counting 90% of the complaints. It is detached by urinary pain and pain in genitals for the period of at least 3-6 months. The urine of the patients does not contain bacteria but it may have inflammation. The symptoms are often confused with interstitial cystitis.
So, chronic prostatitis is the first reason for men under age of 50 years and sometimes it follows an attack of acute prostatitis.
The following causes can be identified:
- previous prostate bacterial infection;
- resistance of bacteria to antibiotics:
- urine plug into the prostatic gland;
- the bacteria getting from the urethra of infected urine or stool from the rectum;
- irritancy caused by chemical elements:
- the nerve problem in lower urinoexcretory ways;
- renipelvic muscles;
- disease of the pelvic;
- past abuse in sex;
- disease transmitted by sex;
- autoallergic diseases.
Prostatitis may have no symptoms in one case and the signs are severe and sudden in other case and demanded immediate medical emergency care. Usually the condition comes with pain and discomfort (http://prostatitis.net/what-is-prostatitis/).
Urinary disorders include:
- blood in the urine or sperm;
- painful urination;
- burning of urination;
- painful evacuation;
- pain in the genitals area and anus;
- pain in the tip of the penis and urethra;
- straining effort of urine flow;
- need to urinate becomes frequent or urgent;
- chills and fever;
- problems during sexual intercourse.
Prostatitis Diagnose and Treatment
You are to pass complete examination, including digital rectal exam in order to evaluate the state of prostate gland: size and tender. Also fluid analysis are denoted for determination of infected part of urinary system (http://www.webmd.boots.com/men/guide/prostatitis).
Appropriate diagnostics made in time is the first thing for effective treatment which is various.
Types of treatments can include:
- antibiotics for infectious cases (for the period of 14-21 days for cute infectious prostatitis and up to 12 weeks for chronic type);
- medicines relaxing the prostate muscles;
- antiinflammatory medications releasing swelling;
- stool softeners;
- surgical removal of the infected parts of the prostate;
- massage of prostate.
In order to relief the definite symptoms alternative methods may be used.
The therapy releasing pain includes:
- warming baths;
- exercises for relax;
- juices of cranberry.
Refuse spicy foods and acidic drinks may make a benefit so as eliminating of